Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

This is a recipe revisited from my Sweet Pork Burritos Recipe. I thought it deserved a post of it's own.:)

Some of you have probably either tried or have heard of Cafe Rio. For those of you who don't it's a Mexican grill restaurant that Tony (my hubby) and I got hooked on when we lived in Southern Utah close to 11-12 years ago now. (***very exciting side note...they opened a Cafe Rio in Grand Junction a couple of weeks ago, so now we can get our fix more than just once a year when we're visiting Utah!!!***) Anyway, they have one of the best tomatillo dressings, and dare I say...I like this recipe BETTER than theirs!! Promise you won't be disappointed. It is SOOOOOOOOOO delicious!

Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
recipe from my sister Jamie
4-6 tomatillos
1 packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1 packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip mix
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (I just let my blender do the work here!)
2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayonnaise
Peel husks off tomatillos and discard. Wash tomatillos and place in blender along with all remaining ingredients. Blend until a fine sauce forms. Chill until ready to serve. Makes about a quart of dressing. We store ours in a quart canning jar; not ideal for pouring, but can't seem to come up with a better solution.:)

I have also halved the recipe and just saved the ranch packets for the next time I make it, because it does make quite a bit!

This is perfect for sweet pork salads...

Taco salads...

or just a regular old green salad....

or even just pour it over a hunk of lettuce...

or just guzzle it straight from the jar (I've been tempted, but have not succumbed yet!!):)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...