Monday, November 21, 2011

"We're Thankful for Pie" Night Round-up!

This year we're sticking around for Thanksgiving...just me and my hubby and kiddo's (unless Grandpa & Grandma decide to show-up:))!  Sometimes it's just nice to be home and not have to worry about traveling anywhere and being able to spend time with your own family! 

BUT, we knew there was one thing we'd REALLY miss about not joining my side of the family for Thanksgiving..."We're thankful for Pie" night!  (If you don't remember from last year or are knew...go check out last year's post HERE!)  Basically it's the night before thanksgiving when everyone brings their favorite pies (or other desserts) to share with everyone.  THE BEST TRADITION EVER!!!  Instead of trying to eat pie after you've stuffed yourself so full of turkey, potatoes, and stuffing, you have it the night before so it can be enjoyed!

Sooooooo....instead of belly-aching about it, we decided we'd host our own "We're thankful for Pie" night at our house!  I'm so excited to try out some new pies...I know a couple of "flavors" that will be coming and can't wait to try them! 

Kyla and I will be making the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cream Pie (because you know how much she loves chocolate and PB!), a Banana Cream Pie, and Triple Fruit Pie.  (Unless we find something better in the meantime...which is know to happen a lot around here!) 

So, if any of you would like to start a new tradition, or if you just need some good pie recipes for Thanksgiving day...HERE'S A START!

(Sorry about the horrible picture...I promise to take a better one this year!)

 
(again...sorry for the photo!)

 


 

S'mores Pie (being made and brought by a friend (Jolyn!))
 

 

 

And....if you need a really good recipe for pie crust...this is by far my favorite!  (and there's a pretty great recipe for strawberry rhubarb pie with it!)  I am by no means a pie crust baker and I've had such luck with this one...always flaky and light and wonderfully delicious!

I'll be taking lots of pictures of our "We'er thankful for Pie" night, and we'll make sure to share them with you!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving filled with lots of pie eating!:)

2 comments:

Melinda said...

We got invited to pie night at a friend's house so I am going to make your chocolate cream peanut butter (I forgot the real name) pie and I am THRILLED to have an excuse to make it because it is to die for!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...