Friday, May 20, 2011

Brownie Chunk & Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been putting off doing any baking since I don't have a mixer to make anything with!!  But I just couldn't wait until Tuesday (the day my replacement bowl is supposed to be here!) to try these out!!  So I psyched myself out & went for it the "old fashined way"!!:)  I can now tell you...I don't know how I ever lived without my mixer!!  There are only 2 positive things I can say...at least I got a workout & burned a few of the calories that I would consume later when the cookies were finished!:)  And #2...the cookies were fabulous...even without the mixer!! (Although I know they'd be just as fabulous WITH a mixer!!)

Brownie Chunk & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Picky Palate
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups cubed prepared brownies (I just used a boxed brownie mix...2 cups was about 1/3 of a 9 x 13 pan.  I'm certain you could use any brownie recipe for this!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter & sugars until light & fluffy.  (I used my electric hand mixer that I received for my wedding that hadn't been used in YEARS!)  Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.

Place the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, mixing to combine.  I gotta be honest...I usually always skip this step because I know my bosch will mix it in fabulously, but since I didn't have a bosch to use I went ahead and did this step.  Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.  Add the chocolate chips & brownie chunks and stir until just combined.  I just used a wooden spoon for this step...hence the great workout I got!!:) 

Use a medium scoop and scoop dough onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies

Pour yourself a glass of milk & enjoy the best of 2 worlds...brownies & cookies!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...