Monday, May 10, 2010

Lemon Cheesecake Bars

You either love them or hate them. 2 of my 4 kids hated them! Which is ok, because that means more for me!:) I love lemon bars, but I've had some bad ones in the past. There's not much better if it's a good one...and I found a GOOD one!! The little layer of cheesecake makes a difference. This is a perfect spring time treat too!

Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Recipe from Your Homebased Mom
Crust:
3/4 cup butter, chilled (I used margarine)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cheesecake:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Lemon Layer:
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup flour

Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut butter into pieces. In a food processor (or blender on low, or just use a pasty cutter which is what I did), process all ingredients until mixture becomes tiny and fine pieces. Sprinkle mixture into a 9 X 13 baking pan and press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from the oven.

Cheesecake: In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix well. Cream together the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Pour cheesecake evenly over hot crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove form oven and reduce oven temperature to 300.

Lemon Layer: In a bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined well. Stir in lemon juice and flour. (I used 4 lemons for this recipe and came up about 1/8 a cup short of juice so I just used water to make up for what I lacked and it came out just fine). Pour over semi-baked cheesecake. Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle powdered sugar over top if desired.

Cool for an hour and then refrigerate. Can be served warm but it is WAY better after it has been chilled. (about 30 minutes in the frige). Makes 24 bars.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...