Friday, May 7, 2010

Hawaiian Cake (Vana's Cake)

This is one of my absolute favorite cakes...especially during spring and summer because it is so light and full of tropical flavors! I got the recipe from my Mom who in turn got it from a friend in my home town named Vana...thus we've always called it Vana's cake. It can also be made low-fat, low calorie which I also like!! Instructions will be posted at the end!

Hawaiian Cake

1 White cake mix
1 large instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. cool whip
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
Coconut (optional)
Pecans or walnuts (optional)

1. Mix together a white cake mix as on the box. Spray a large cookie sheet with Pam (or other brand) and pour cake mix into pan. Bake in the over at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely.

2. Mix together the vanilla pudding mix with the milk. Soften the cream cheese and then mix pudding and cream cheese together until smooth. Pour onto the cake and put in the refigerator.

3. Mix cool whip with crushed pineapple, drained. (AGAIN...I can't find cool whip in the 12oz. size anymore so just use 1 1/2 of the 8oz. size or 3/4 of the 16oz. size!) Spread on top of the pudding layer. Top with coconut and pecans or walnuts. Refigerate for an hour or so and then dig in!

ENJOY!!

OH...and I almost forgot...to make it low-fat, low calorie here's what you do! When making the cake make sure to use the egg white only recipe. Use sugar free vanilla pudding, low-fat cream cheese, and light cool whip. It's as easy as that and is still just as good!

3 comments:

-Susan- said...

I'm drooling all over the place. Gotta try this one. Thanks Recipe lady!

Jana said...

Anytime...and thanks for checking out and commenting on my recipes. It has been so much fun doing this!!

Sheans said...

This sounds so good right now. I love this kind of stuff in the summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...