Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Enchilada Casserole

I found these yesterday on Your Homebased Mom blog and thought I'd try them out. They were really yummy and it took the messiness out of traditional enchiladas. Ours turned out pretty spicy. The kids ate them, but also drank a lot of milk!! (me too!:)) Probabaly because I used medium enchilada sauce, so if you don't like it spicy find a mild sauce!

Enchilada Casserole

2 lbs ground beef (I used 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey...cause that's what I had!)
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp. Chili powder
2 medium cans of enchilada sauce (I just used one large one, mine was 28oz.)
1 large can stewed tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes)
2 small cans sliced olives (I used 1 regular sized can and just sliced them myself with my nifty egg slicer...LOVE IT!)
2 dozen corn tortillas
1 lb. grated cheddar cheese

Fry meat, onion, and garlic. Drain off fat. Season with salt and pepper. Add everything but the olives, cheese, and tortillas. Cook for 20 minutes and then mix in the olives. Put in a 9 x 13 baking dish in layers. First layer half the tortillas, cover with sauce, layer of cheese. Repeat ending with cheese on top.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes!

This dish goes really well with SPANISH RICE & JELL-O FLUFF!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I made this for dinner tonight and Chad LOVED it! Yummy!

Jana said...

Glad you tried and liked it, it's one of our favorites too. And if he like that one he'll really like the Mexican Lasagna...I can't decide which I like better, they are both so darn good!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...