Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

This is one of the best cookies I have ever eaten! It's actually a chocolate chip cookie recipe I got from my sister-in-law at my bridal shower some 11+ years ago that I just tweaked a little to fit my tastes. The cookies are chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside, just like a cookie should be. They are SO good warm right out of the oven!!

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
3/4 cup crisco (buttered flavor is best, but regular will work too!)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 package choclate chips
1-2 cups toffee chips (I like lots of toffee so I use 2 cups, but you can easily just use one and still get the toffee flavor!)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir. Beat in the egg. Combine and add dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips & toffee chips. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (I use my pampered chef medium sized cookie dough scoop...it's the perfect size cookie I think!) and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (In my oven 9 minutes is perfect, but adjust time to how your oven cooks.)

Hope you enjoy some ooey gooey yumminess!!:)

UPDATE!! Don't try to double this recipe...I did just that the other day and I left out about 3/4 cup of the flour and they still turned out crumbly and dry!! Just a warning!:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...