Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Brownies!

This recipe comes from my good friend Brittony. She told me that she had a good recipe for brownies and then she brought me some and boy were they good. They even passed the hubby's o.k. and he is really picky about his brownies. There was a place where he grew up that had the best brownies...and nothing since then has ever compared to those...until now!! 11+ years of marriage and I have finally found it!!! Anyway, I finally tried out the recipe myself last night and it was so super easy (and I could have just eaten the batter by itself!). Anyway, here's the recipe!

Brownies

1 cup margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Cream the margarine and sugar together. Add the cocoa and continue to cream it all together. Ad the eggs and mix in pretty well. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour and spread into a greased 9X13 cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. You want to be able to stick a toothpick in and have it come out with a little bit of brownie stuck to it. It shouldn't come out totally clean. (I cooked mine for exaclty 30 minutes and it was perfect!)

Let the brownies cool and then prepare frosting and frost!

Frosting:
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 Tablspoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 cups powdered sugar (I ended up using about 2 3/4 cups)
2-4 Tablespoons milk (I used 3 Tablespoons)

Cream together butter, cocoa, corn syrup, and vanilla. Add powdered sugar and milk to the consistency that you like it. You can also add mint extract if you want some mint brownies. That is the way Brittony made them for me and they were so yummy, but they are really good plain as well!

They are so yummy warm straight from the oven, but believe it or not they get creamier and yummier after a few days...if you can keep them around that long!!:)

2 comments:

Sheans said...

They really are delicious. It's true. I'm glad you liked them.

Also, is it wrong that I feel like licking the computer screen when I see those brownies? Just wondering :)

jolyn said...

SOOO good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...