Saturday, December 11, 2010

Almond Poppyseed Bundt Cake

This recipe is SO GOOD. Although it's origins are a bit criminal...it just might have been copied without consent by a former roommate of mine!:) I'm so glad she did and that she shared it with me!! This has been a staple in our family for the past 13 years! It's a pleaser and super easy!!

Almond Poppyseed Bundt Cake

1 cake mix (lemon, yellow or white...I really like the lemon myself!)
4 eggs
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
1 teaspoon almond extract



Mix all ingredients together until nice and smooth. About 3 minutes or so. (mixture tends to be a little bit runnier than a normal cake mix so don't stress and think you've added too much water...it will turn out just fine!)



Grease bundt pan REALLY WELL with shortening making sure to get in all the little crevices.



Sprinkle pan with sugar and cinnamon.



Pour cake mixture into greased bundt pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until browned and toothpick comes out clean.

 
Let cake cook for 10 minutes on a wire rack.

Run a butter knife around all the edges...make sure to get around the middle as well. Place a plate on top of cake...say a prayer...and flip.


If you've done a good job greasing it should come out flawless. If not it might have a few pieces missing, like that chunk missing in mine!:)


Now for the glaze!
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon butter or margarine, softened
2 1/2 Tablespoons milk



Mix all ingredients together and stir well. If not runny enough to drizzle over your cake add a little more milk.



Then just go to town drizzling all over the cake!

Enjoy! (and I hope you liked my step by step instructions with pictures...it was fun for me!:))

6 comments:

Unknown said...

As soon as I saw the title, I wondered if it was THE cake.
this is soooo yummy!

Jana said...

It is THE cake...that is now on the internet...for everyone to enjoy!!:)

Melinda said...

Oh I LOVE that one!

Laura said...

I'm SOOO glad you posted this as I haven't been able to find my "criminal" copy since we moved... I was actually going to call Valerie to get the recipe for a wedding I'm helping with, but printing is so much easier :)
Thanks!

Jana said...

I tend to lose recipes all the time which is one reason I love having this blog...can't lose them once they're posted!!:) Good luck with the wedding...everyone will LOVE this cake!

Matt and Valerie said...

I'm not sure if Corrine or I are the criminal that passed on the recipe, since we both committed the crime at separate times. :-) LOVE LOVE LOVE this cake! So glad someone forgot to put the recipe away. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...