Friday, September 2, 2011

Banana Split Bread

Kyla made this bread earlier this week, and since I'm on a "no carb" diet I didn't get to taste any!:(  But all my kiddo's absolutely LOVED it!  And I let them tank it down because it smelled so good and I knew if it was in my kitchen lookin' all inviting and stuff it wouldn't be long before I gave in!  So they ate the entire loaf all in one evening!  I know...Mom of the year award!:)  I blame my lack of having any self-control when it comes to baked goods!  Try it out and let me know if you like it as much as my kids!

Banana Split Bread
Recipe from Taste of Home
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg.  In a small bowl, combine bananas and milk.  In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture.  Fold in the chips and pecans.

Pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 1 loaf....(good thing it wasn't more or I'd have made my kids sick!:))

2 comments:

Blair and Bethany said...

Its in the oven. This is my first time making banana bread so we'll see how it turns out. I think this blog is so fun!

Jana said...

Thank you so much. Hope the banana bread turns out for you. Thanks for stopping by!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...