Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pineapple Jerk Chicken

Holy Yumminess! This is the perfect meal for me! There's just something about chicken and pineapple and cilantro that just calls my name!:) This is one that will be made time and time again!

Pineapple Jerk Chicken
(for the life of me I cannot find where I got this recipe...sorry!)
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
salt
pepper
1/2 a pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces (or a 14 oz can of tidbits)
1/2 cup jerk marinade (I love Lawry's Caribbean Jerk!)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
rice
In a large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until browned. Add the remaining olive oil and increase the heat just a little. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook until chicken is done. Add the pineapple and jerk marinade and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the black beans and cilantro. Cook until beans are heated through. Serve over rice.

Yummy goodness!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...