Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Dearest Kyla!

This last week was a NIGHTMARE!!  I got so sick (still getting over a pretty nasty cough that is just lingering!).  My hubby and the kiddo's were amazing!  Tony (the hubby) was not only preparing for school to start (he teaches 2nd grade) and stressing about that, but he also had to take care of me and the kid's!  He made dinner all last week and took the kid's to the school to "help" him so that I could get some rest.  I don't know what I'd do without him!!!

And then there's Kyla.  I knew this whole blogging thing would come in handy someday.  I thought I was preparing her for when she goes to college and gets married and has a family of her own to take care of and cook for.  Well, the benefits were felt this last week.  She made breakfast every morning for her brothers!  She made Mom's Waffles, french toast, Mexican Quiche, & scrambled eggs and toast.  What a blessing to me! 

And I'm feeling all sentimental today because my baby girl just started MIDDLE SCHOOL!!  She was so excited.  I dropped her off this morning and sat in the car and watched her walk up to the school and mingle for a minute and then enter the school doors....I may or may not have shed a few tears!

Here she is when she started Kindergarten:
How did she get from that to this?????
Seriously!!!  Where did the time go??

We're so lucky to have her in our family!  What a wonderful young woman she's turning out to be! (and a fabulous cook!):)

Oh, and stay tuned for a recipe...now that I'm on the mend I actually feel like cooking again!!:)

1 comment:

-Susan- said...

Oh Jana,Hard to believe she is in middle school. The years really zip by. Soak up every minute while you can! Glad you are on the mends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...