Monday, March 12, 2012

Knock Your Socks Off Brownies

This recipe is originally called Knock You Naked Brownies.  The name intrigued me (since I'm a brownie LOVER.  Here's some of my favorites we've posted: Sea Salt Brownies, Best Brownies Ever, Congo Bars, and Mint Brownies), but I didn't think it was appropriate for my little ones. Especially since Eli wanted these to be brought for his class for his birthday last week. 

So we renamed them. 

I figured even if they just knock off your socks they've gotta be good, they don't have to knock off all your clothes to be heavenly!  Agreed?  Good.

And just in case you're wondering, all the little 3rd graders kept telling me I was the best cook, one boy even told me that if I opened up a bakery shop I would make millions!
They ARE that good!

Knock Your Socks Off Brownies
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Pin It
2 boxes German Chocolate Cake Mix
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup (2 stick) butter, melted
60 whole caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the cake mixes, 2/3 cup evaporated milk, and melted butter.  It will be thick, just make sure it's all combined well. 

Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a well-greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Remove from the oven and set aside.  Brownies will not be fully cooked.
Melt caramels with the 1/2 cup evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl.  About 1 minutes intervals, stirring in between works well in my microwave.  When caramels are melted, pour over the brownies.  Sprinkle with the pecans and chocolate chips. 
Put the remaining brownie batter on your work surface (lightly spray it with cooking spray and it will make the process easier) and using your hands shape it just a little smaller than the 9 x 13 rectangle.  I then cut it in half (it's easier to move that way), and then place on top of pecans and chocolate chips.  Do the same with the other piece as well.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.  Then refrigerate for several hours.  When ready to serve, generously sift powdered sugar over the top (optional), cut and enjoy!

We put them in baggies and added a cute little Happy Birthday Eli sticker to them for his class.  (Which is why we didn't add the powdered sugar, but they look and taste delicious with it!)
Can't believe my little Eli is 9!!  Only one more year then we've only got one left in single digits!  Crazy!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...