And, here's a little teaser...this is all leading up to a fabulous giveaway next week hosted by all these fabulous bloggers! Take time to go to all the blogs listed at the end of this post and check out there ridiculously awesome blogs, you won't be disappointed! And then stay-tuned for a great give-away next Monday! You won't want to miss it!
What inspired you to start your blog?
I started a blog that all my friends and family could use to share good recipes that they've tried back in 2008. The only problem was I was the only one posting any recipes!:) So, one day I had some inspiration. How about I turn my blog into a Mother/daughter recipe blog. Then I could not only do something I loved but would also be able to teach my daughter valuable cooking skills and get to spend time with her...win, win situation! And so our Double the Deliciousness blog was born!
Here's me and my daughter. She hates this picture, but it's the only one I could find to crop that we were both in! We're going to have to fix that sometime.:)
What's your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
I have many favorite things about blogging! I love finding, making, creating and sharing wonderful recipes that are both old and new favorites. I love learning new things about computers and blogging. And I love connecting with readers and fellow bloggers out there!
My least favorite thing about blogging is that it can be very time consuming. I've had to discipline myself to not use too much of my time blogging. I've also had to take some time off of blogging so that I can devote more time with my family. Time, time, time...it would be so nice if my body didn't require sleep!:) (although that is one of my favorite things to do!)
Tell me with only 20 words, 20 things you love.
Hubby, children, chocolate, baking, sleeping, blogging, vacationing, sheets, baseball, strawberries, decorating, cookbooks, music, church, teenagers, friends, clean home (sorry, that was 2:)), surprises (but only if I don't know they're coming), holidays, summertime, and packages!
What is the one recipe you are most often asked to share? Please share it with us!
I work with the young women (ages 12-18) in our church and we had a recipe exchange one evening where each girl brought one of their favorite recipes to share with everyone and the recipe. The girls LOVED what I brought and I hear quite often "what are we doing for our next activty, and are you bringing breadsticks and cheese dip?" I have been making this since I was a teenager myself and is still one of my favorite recipes.
5 favorite beauty products, right now...what are they?
This one is a little hard for me. I'm a pretty natural girl. All I need is mascara and a good moisturizer (which I am still trying to find!) and I'm good to go. So, here goes...
1. Since I only wear mascara, I'll tell you my favorite kind that I have been using for the past 2 years or so. It is Cover Girl LashBlast volume, in the orange tube. Love it!
2. I love Dove's moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Perfect for my hair!
3. Bath and Body works Caribbean Escape foaming hand soap. Smells like vacation!!!!
4. My favorite lotion for my hands and body is St. Ives intensive healing body lotion. So good for my super dry skin!
5. And for my cracked heals/feet...you won't believe how fast and great this stuff works! My heals were pretty much healed within 3 weeks! Now I just apply it once a week or so and it is working wonders! Miracle Foot Repair!
"Prioritize the moment". We all have busy lives and it's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of it all, so I have tried to live by this saying. Whenever I am doing something (usually dishes, laundry, computer time) and my kids ask for help with homework or just need to talk or my husband is feeling a little neglected, I remind myself that those things will keep until later, my family needs me now...prioritize the moment!
What movie made you laugh more than any other?
NACHOOOOOO!! Makes me laugh every time I watch it! Especially when it's with my hubby! He cracks up and throughout and then quotes and talks like Nacho for the rest of the day...or week.:) (That's Nacho Libre just in case you didn't know.:))
If you could recommend one family vacation, what would it be?
My favorite thing to do with my family is to go to our cabin. It is so good to be away from civilization for a little while. No electronics...all family time. Hiking, swimming in the pond, and water sliding down the mountain, 4-wheelin', horney toad catching, etc. Just quality time spent with my family is what I love! So, I recommend finding a cabin to go to, or even just go camping for a week. Time well spent!
What goals are you currently working on?
It seems I am always working on losing weight. It's super hard when you love food, and especially baking.:) My goal is not to lose weight to be skinny, but to feel better physically. I want to be able to enjoy an active life with my family, children, and grand-children (eventually!:))
I am also working on family history. It is so fascinating to me to learn about where I came from and the stories associated with my ancestors!
Please share links to 3 blog posts that are special to you and explain why.
I love how recipes create memories. These 3 recipes are special to me because of who they came from and the memories I have that surround them.
1. Helen Jean Punch This punch has been a staple in my family since I was a teenager. We have it every Thanksgiving and Christmas (and a few times in between!) It is called Helen Jean Punch because we got it from a good friend of the family one Christmas named Helen Jean. I also love recipes named after people!
2. Grandma's White Brownies This one goes back to when I was a child. Grandma used to make these whenever she would visit from Kentucky and they were one of my favorites. Brings back lots of memories of my Grandma whenever I eat them.
3. Almond Poppyseed Bundt Cake This recipe was "stolen" by one of my roommates and good friend from her former roommate. She would not share the recipe and one day left it out on the counter....needless to say it got copied. And I'm sure glad it did. It is one of my hubby's favorite desserts and is made pretty much every Father's Day for him.
Get to know my fellow contributor friends too! They have fantastic blogs that will keep you pinning all day. (There are just a couple that couldn't participate in the blog hop, but pay them a visit anyway. You'll be glad you did! :))
Cooking with Ruthie
Lemon Tree Dwelling
Tips for Family Trips
Five Heart Home
Double the Deliciousness
Nine a Plenty
Bits of Everything
Kiki & Company
Additional Contributors (not in blog hop):
Packed with Fun
Kleinworth & Co.
The Connection We Share
See you next week for the awesome GIVEAWAY!!!