Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes

School started today for my family.  It's been such a nice break, but it's so great to get back into the swing of things.  Schedules are a good thing! Too many late nights and early mornings (by the kids...not me, I've been sleeping in!) makes for some not-so-much-fun-to-be-around kiddos!:)

 I think I about ate my way into a chocolate coma as well...I did way too much bingeing on sweets.  But the last couple of days I've been craving celery like crazy.  My family thinks that's weird...I think that's my bodies way of counteracting all the crap I've been eating.

These would also do the trick I think.  They are so savory and delicious.  Cook them a little longer to get them nicely browned and crunchy if that's what you like.  We opted for soft, tender potatoes this time, but we like the crunchy ones too.;)  We have another Roasted Red Potatoes recipe that uses an onion soup mix that is also delicious...I really don't know which I like better!

Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes


1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons or 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
2 pounds red potatoes

Wash potatoes well.  Cut into 1 inch pieces.  Place in a large bowl with a lid or a large ziplock baggie.  Drizzle the oil over potatoes and add the ranch dressing mix.  Place lid on bowl (or zip baggie shut) and shake until potatoes are evenly covered.

Transfer potatoes to an ungreased baking pan.  They look so pretty!


Bake at 450 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until they are tender and browned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...