Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Best Biscuits

I found this one over at The Sister's Cafe. I've never been a good biscuit maker...I think I tend to work the dough too much, so when I saw that you were supposed to mix this one really well I thought I'd give it a go. The sour cream ingredient threw me a bit, but I decided to try it anyway. And it was so easy and they actually turned out really light and fluffy and really good! Try this one out next time instead of buying the ones from the can!!

The Best Biscuits

4 C flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 C butter
16oz sour cream
3-5 tsp water
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut in butter until there are small well blended pieces. Add sour cream and water, mix well. Knead and roll out to 1 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter. Freeze individually on a cookie sheet. When frozen solid, place in a freezer bag to store. (I didn't freeze them I just went ahead and baked them and they turned out really good!) When ready to use, place frozen biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes or until top is golden. Makes 16-20.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...