Monday, August 16, 2010

PW's Potato Salad

I absolutely LOVE this potato salad recipe. It was the most perfect potato salad...and perfect for this time of year! I changed a few things to my families liking and it turned out perfect!

PW's Potato Salad

Ingredients
5 pounds Russet Potatoes (about 8 Medium Russets)
1-½ cup Real Mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip...I used Miracle Whip because my family likes it...PW does NOT!:))
4 Tablespoons Prepared Mustard (regular, Dijon Or A Mixture Of Both)...I used a mixture.
5 whole Green Onions (sliced Up To The Darkest Green Part)
8 whole Small Sweet Pickles (may Use Dill If That's More Up Your Alley)I used Dill.
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
½ teaspoons Paprika
½ teaspoons Black Pepper
4 whole Hard Boiled Eggs
Preparation Instructions
Cut potatoes in halves or thirds, then boil until fork tender. Drain. Mash potatoes or run them through a ricer or food mill to make them extra fluffy. (I just cut my potatoes into bite size pieces and boiled them for about 20 minutes and then drained and just used them like that and it was perfect!) Fold potatoes together with mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper, and other seasonings you like. Fold in pickles and eggs, then taste for seasonings, adding more salt, mustard, or mayo as needed. You may also splash in juice from the pickle jar if salad needs a little moisture.

This is a must try recipe!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...