Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Chili

IT'S SOUP & CHILI SEASON!!
 
Yes, I just yelled that at you. 
 
I'm so excited (in case you couldn't tell from all the yelling!).  I love soups & chilies.  That's my one top reason why I like the Fall season so much.  This recipe is so easy to throw together...literally, just dump everything into the crockpot and 4-8 hours later you've got yourself an awesome dinner!
 
Chicken Enchilada Chili
Budget Dinner Total: $9.00 (without toppings) that's about .75 cents per serving!
PRINT RECIPE

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (28 oz.) prepared enchilada sauce (or 1 recipe of my homemade stuff)
2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted...yum!)
2 cans (15 oz.) pinto beans, undrained
1/4 cup dried onion peices (or 1 raw onion, diced)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
monterey jack cheese, for topping
sour cream, for topping
cilantro, for topping

Pour enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, onion and spices together in a 6 quart crockpot.  Place chicken on top of soup (yes raw!).  Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.

Pull out the chicken and shred.  Return shredded chicken to chili and stir to combine. 

Serve with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cilantro.  Divine! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...