Thursday, September 20, 2012

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies

Anyone else have some major Pinterest fails?  

I'm talking about seeing a recipe that looks out of this world delicious on Pinterest that you know you just have to make ASAP.  So you get all the ingredients, prepare and present only to have the dish fall WAY short of your expectations?

I had one of those experiences this week.  I found some Enchilada peppers stuffed with black beans and quinoa that looked so good, I thought I'd try them.  They were okay, but not something I'll ever make again.  

UBER disappointing!!
(I had to look up that word just to make sure I was using it in the right context...did you know it's a German word for above or over?  Learn something new every day!:))

I took pictures throughout the process and they looked fabulous & I even thought about still sharing the recipe here, because I thought maybe someone out there would think it was heavenly.  But then I decided if it's not something I LOVE, I don't want to be responsible for other people's (possible) failed dinners!

Everything here is something I without hesitation would make again.  So, as long as you have taste buds like mine, you're going to love the recipes here!:)

Especially these cookies!!  They are perfect...and I'm not the best cookie maker in the world.  I have problems getting them just right.  Sometimes they go pancake flat & other times they don't flatten at all and are crumbly & dry.  So when I find a cookie recipe that turns out as perfectly as these cookies, I SHARE!!  

You're welcome!

Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz.) Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
2 2/3 cup flour

Add butter, sugars, baking soda & powder, vanilla and eggs to your mixer.
(LOVE my Bosch!)


Beat until combined.  Don't worry if the butter is still a little clumpy.


Add the baking chips (YES, the whole bag!!) and the flour.


Mix until all ingredients are combined.  The mint smells so good!


Put dough in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. This is the hardest part...waiting.  I've never skipped this part so don't know if they will work if you just cook them right away.  Like I said, if I find a cookie recipe that works I stick with it!:)


Remove dough from fridge and scoop dough onto a cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack.


Try just eating one...and good luck with that!:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...