Thursday, May 10, 2012

White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes

Only 11 more days until me & my 2 oldest boys jump on a plane and head to Tennessee!  I'm really looking forward to this trip.  Well, everything except the heat & humidity!  I may just die & there's no telling what my naturally curly hair is going to do while there, but it's all part of the experience right?!

I just want to give a quick thank you before we move on to today's DELICIOUS recipe to everyone who has donated money & helped us fundraise.  We really appreciate it, so a huge THANK YOU to you!!

Alright, on to another cupcake.  Are you surprised?  It seems like all I've been doing for the past few weeks is baking (and mainly cupcakes!).  So, I'm sorry for the lack of healthy, dinner menu recipes...I promise I'll do better in June!:)  But I've got to say, I have loved creating & making all these fun cupcakes, and I've been able to help raise money for my boys by doing it as well!  So I've been killing 2 birds with one stone: #1 Raising money for my boys, #2 Feeding my desire to bake & not making myself gain 300 pounds in the process!:)

Hope you enjoy this one...words cannot express my love!

White Chocolate Rasberry Swirl Cupcakes


For the cake:
1 box white cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon clear vanilla
Raspberry pie filling
White Chocolate Ganache:
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3-4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Raspberry Cream Cheese Buttercream:
1 cup butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup smashed raspberries
4-5 cups powdered sugar
Raspberries for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin tins with 24 muffin liners.

Mix cake mix with eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.  Scoop batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full.  Spoon a teaspoon of raspberry pie filling onto the top of each cupcake.  Take a toothpick and swirl the filling into the batter.

Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let sit for about 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring inbetween until melted & smooth.  Add the heavy whipping cream until it's about the consistency of a heavy syrup.

Dip the tops of each cupcake in the ganache.  Lightly scrape off any excess so it doesn't run down the sides of your cupcake.  Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to help it set up.

For the frosting; cream the butter and cream cheese for about 2-3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.  Add the mashed raspberries & mix to combine.  Add teh powdered sugar a cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency.

Pipe onto cupcakes & top with a fresh raspberry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...