Friday, July 16, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

This is my sister-in-law's recipe. I've been making it for over 10 years. It is such a good recipe and easy as pie (actually I don't think pie is easy...but you get the idea:)!)

Pumpkin Bars
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 cup oil
1 16 oz. can pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 cup nuts or raisins (optional) I never put them in...it's just so good plain!

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Top with cream cheese frosting. (sometimes...(and by sometimes I mean most times)...I just use the Betty Crocker whipped cream cheese frosting, I think it's almost as good as homemade.) So here's the cream cheese frosting recipe for those who like to do it home style!:)

Cream cheese frosting

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cube butter, softened
2 cups (approx.) powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
milk

Cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and milk alternating until the desired consistency. (add milk about a teaspoon or so at a time) Add the vanilla and beat in. Spread on top of cake and then sprinkle with nutmeg.

1 comment:

Sheans said...

I'm about to lick the computer screen. Those look so good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...