Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cornbread (the best recipe ever!)

This is the best cornbread recipe that I have found. It doesn't crumble to pieces like others I've tried and it tastes more like a cake than bread (but not too sweet...it's just right!) which my kids like. The best of both worlds! We enjoyed it with some homemade Chilli last night...I know it's summer, but my family LOVES chilli!:)

Cornbread
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Then in a separate bowl mix:

2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Then pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir until moist. Pour into a well greased (I just use Pam) 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

Really good with some honey butter on top too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...