Friday, June 22, 2012

Creamed Corn

If you have any family members that don't like cream cheese, this is not the dish for you!!  That being said, I'm a "cream cheese makes everything better" kind of person so I LOVED this dish!

My 11 year old Caleb (the non-cream cheese lover) took one bite and wasn't about to eat any more.  Being the awesome mother I am....pause for the lightening bolt to strike....I told him he could not have anymore dinner until he ate 5 more bites of the corn. 

He did pretty good with the first couple of bites, but by the time he got to his last bites he was dry heaving!  I though we were going to have a lovely mess all over the table to clean up!  Sorry...I know this is a recipe blog & that puking is about the last thing you want to read about here.  Especially since I"m trying to convince you that this ones a winner and that you need to try it!

Sorry, again.

Don't let my son's reaction sway you, it really is a wonderful dish that goes really well with any summer-time grillin' you'll be doing!

Creamed Corn
Recipe adapted from Blue Bonnets & Brownies
2 pounds frozen sweet corn
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Throw all ingredients into your crockpot.  (Yes, it really is that easy!)  Cook on low for at least 4 hours.  Give it a good stir & serve!  YUMMY!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Jana, that's so funny that you just posted on the giveaway. I was thinking about your blog(because I want to eat everything on it, lol)and how it might be fun to have a guest post from you for some amazing recipe:) Or I can just highlight your blog but I think it would be fun to have a guest post from you:) I'd do the same too if you wanted. I like that there is another family member blogger:) Let me know!

-Julie
www.TheMLBB.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...