Friday, January 20, 2012

Orange Cream Muffins with Orange Glaze

Ever have one of those days when you just don't want to get out of bed? 

I have those days every now and again (ok...pretty regularly!) and this morning was one of them.  So, I sent my kiddo's on the bus to school and had my youngest join me in my bed and turned on some cartoons for him, so I could relax just a little longer.  It was a very nice morning!

Wish I had some of these muffins lying around this morning...maybe that would have helped get me out of bed!  There's just something about citrus in the morning that wakes me up.

These are delicious! (and made by Kyla!)

Orange Cream Muffins with Orange Glaze
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch
Pin It
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 2/3 sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons orange zest

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons orange juice

Line muffin tins with cupcake liners, or spray tin with cooking spray.  Set aside.

Combine cream cheese and shortening and beat until creamed well.  Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. 

Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  Add to the creamed mixture along with the milk and mix just until combined.

Stir in the orange zest.

Scoop batter into muffin tin and fill about 2/3 the way full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and they start to turn golden brown. 

Let cook for about 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Mix the powdered sugar and orange juice and drizzle over cooled muffins.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...