Monday, October 18, 2010

The most perfect Banana Bread!

I tried a new banana bread recipe this weekend. I searched on the internet (and I have to say there are a GAZILLION banana bread recipes), but this one caught my eye and I had all the ingredients so I went for it!:) This is now my go-to banana bread recipe!! Tony (the hubby) said it was the best banana bread he'd ever eaten and just oohhed and aahhed over how moist it was. This really is a good one!

Banana Bread
(Martha Stewart's Banana Bread...adapted by me!:))

1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3-4 bananas)
3/4 cups sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter (or just spray like I did) 2 9x5 inch loaf pans; set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat to incorporate. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix together until just combined. Add mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nut (if desired) and pour into pans. Bake for 1 hour. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.

Enjoy a slice of the most perfect banana bread!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...