Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taco Soup!

I love this time of year becuase it gets me in the mood for soup!! Although we've had record heat this week I still needed some soup and one of my favorites is this taco soup. So easy and de-lish!

Taco Soup

1 pound hamburger
1 onion, chopped
3 cups water
1 (32 oz.) can diced or stewed tomatoes (I use 2 smaller cans that equal about 28 oz. I beleive and it works just fine)
2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
1 package Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix

Brown hamburger and onion together. Add the rest of the ingredients and heat thouroughly. (about 15-20 minutes simmering is good!)

We like to crush tortillas chips in the bottom and then put in the soup and top with some cheese and sour cream. It's also really good with some fresh cilantro on top. Also, it is really good with some corn as well. Just add a can or two of corn to the soup with the other ingredients.

Isn't that easy...and so good...my type of recipe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...