Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Goodies! (and my favorite Christmas show)

I love Christmas time & if you follow us on facebook or twitter you know that we "decked our halls" this last weekend!  The hubby thinks I over do it...but I really enjoy it! 

There's just something so wonderful about sitting in front of the Christmas tree at night snuggled in a warm, soft blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and Christmas music playing in the background.  It's my favorite thing to do...even if there's a million things that I should be doing instead...the tree just beckons to me!

Last night we watched one of my favorite Christmas movies (actually just a short film I guess) with the kids.  It brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.  Reminds me  what Christmas is all about, and was a great way to start the Christmas season!  Mr. Kreuger's Christmas.
(The link will take you to watch it on youtube...it's 25 minutes long and so worth the time!  I'm also including the video at the end of this post.)

So with all this wonderful Holiday spirit in the air I decided I needed to create a Christmas category here with all my favorite foods that remind me of Christmas!  So that's what I've spent the last hour doing.


(and no they're not all desserts...just the majority!:))

And here are a few of my favorites:

(anything minty makes my Christmas goodies list!)


Orange Zest Cupcakes
(and anything orange!)


Cinnamon Bun Popcorn
(as well as any kind of caramel corn...this is my favorite though)


Mom's Potato Rolls
(homemade rolls are a must have at Christmas time!)


(and these are a must have for the love of my life!)


And last but not least...

(my #1 favorite Christmas food that we had every Christmas growing up.  It just wouldn't be Christmas without it!)



And here's Mr. Kreuger's Christmas:
(not the best quality, but it's the only one I could find of the show in it's entirety.)


What's your favorite Christmas show that you have to watch year after year after year?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...