Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Popcorn Mix

I love Valentine's Day.  I always have, even back in the days when I didn't have a significant other to spend the day with.  (It also might have something to do with it being my birthday a few days afterward...just a good week all the way around!:))

I'm a dreamer & I loved dreaming of the times I'd spend with the one I love on Valentine's Day.  Of course back then I never dreamed about the kids' in the mix. (not that I didn't want kids, I just pictured them with a babysitter or something!:))  But V-day isn't exactly as I pictured growing up, most of the time we have dinner with the family. 

Which is nice. 

Occasionaly Tony and I get to get out by ourselves and enjoy an evening out for Valentine's, but not this year.  We're planning on Chicken Alfredo with Twisty Breadsticks for our special dinner (with the kids) tomorrow night!  I know, super boring, but I'm ok with that!  Sometimes it's just nice to be home & relax.  I'll probably even use paper goods so I dont' have to do dishes (yes, my dishwasher is still broken!!), that's pretty romantic to me right there!:)

Anyway, we also love to have a fun snack.  Usually we're making sugar cookies and frosting them, but this year we made some wonderful popcorn mix.  YUM!

Valentine Popcorn Mix
Pin It
12 cups popped plain popcorn (about 1/2 cup popcorn kernels)
1 1/2 cup Valentine candy corn
1 1/2 cups Cherry gummy hearts (you could also use cinnamon if you like)
12 oz. (6 squares) Vanilla flavored Almond Bark
2 oz. (1 square) Chocolate flavored Almond Bark (or about 1/2 cup chocolate chips)

Place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl.  Cut the gummy hearts into quarters and add to the popcorn.  Try to unstick them as best you can!:)  Add the candy corn as well.  Set aside.

Melt the vanilla almond bark in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals until it is melted and smooth.  Pour over the popcorn and using a wooden spoon mix together until everything is coated. 

Pour onto wax paper in a single layer.  Melt the chocolate at 30 second intervals as well until melted.  Drizzle the chocoalte over the popcorn.  Let sit until chocolate has hardened.  Put in a large bowl & snack away!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...