Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pot Pie

This recipe is AMAZING!  I so loved it as did the family so I'm super excited to share it with you!

It was one of those, "what in the world am I going to make for dinner" nights.  (Honestly, I have those nights FAR TOO OFTEN!)  So I started looking in the fridge and noticed I had some pie crusts that needed to be used, and although I'd love to just eat some good ol' delicious pie for dinner, I figured it had better be something with some substance and nutrition.  (If I didn't have my kiddo's to worry about I just may have had a Banana Custard Pie for dinner!)

So this was made with what I had on hand, and I hadn't been grocery shopping for........a while!  (Just can't get into the swing of things still...January is kickin' my boo-tay!)  It's pretty easy to throw together and the results are filling and delicious!  Let me know what you think!

Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pot Pie
Pin It
1/2-1 package (12 oz.) bacon (turkey is yummy!)
4 medium potatoes
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
Alfredo:
2 cups milk (anything from skim to whole works)
3 oz. cream cheese
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff...fresh is best!)
2 Pie crusts (homemade or store bought...just need one for the top & bottom)

Cook bacon until crisp-tender.  Lay on a paper-towel lined plate to drain grease.  When cooled crumble and place in a large bowl.

Peel potatoes and cut into bite-size pieces (1/2 inch squared works).   Cover with water in a large saucepan & boil for 15 minutes.  Drain and add potatoes to large bowl with bacon.

Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.  Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and cook in oil until cooked through and lightly browned.  If there are any juices, drain and then add to the potato & bacon bowl.  Add the spinach to the bowl now as well.

Now to make the alfredo.  This is my favortie Alfredo recipe (from Our Best Bites), IT IS SO GOOD!  But if you feel inclined to use a store bought one I guess that would work too!

In a blender, blend the milk, cream cheese, flour and salt until smooth.

In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium-high heat and then add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds stirring constantly.  Add the milk mixture and stir constantly until mixture begins to boil.  Once it starts boiling time it for 3-4 minutes or until it starts to thicken. 

Remove from the heat & whisk in the Parmesan cheese.  Cover with a lid and let sit for 10 minutes.  Pour over the potato, bacon, chicken mixture and carefully mix to combine.

Place an uncooked pie crust on the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.  Pour in the filling mixture.  (you may have some leftover depending on the deepness of your pie plate...the leftovers are so good just eaten with a fork...and yes I know this from experience!)  Take the other uncooked pie crust and cover the filling.  Pinch pie crusts together to create an air-tight seem and flute the edges (or anyother decorative edge you'd like to make).  Slit an "X" into the middle of the pie crust.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...