Monday, November 22, 2010

Dangerous Gingersnap Cookies

This recipe came from Tiffany Felix over at The Bake-Off Flunkie that I posted about a few days ago with a bunch of other cookies I wanted to try. Well, this one had been calling my name these last few days and I just couldn't hold back any longer!! And I'm so glad I didn't. The name says it all!! Once you start eating these soft, mouthwatering cookies ya' just can't stop! They are very, very dangerous!:) But perfect for this time of year!

Dangerous Gingersnap Cookies
(if you go and look at her cookies they were a lot darker than mine ended up being...not quite sure why???)

1 1/2 cups shortening
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ginger
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening, sugar and molasses. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate the dough for a while if it seems too soft, or in between baking batches. Mine was the perfect dough consistency and I didn't need to do any refrigerating.

Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls or use your medium cookie scoop and place in a bowl full of sugar.

Then roll the cookie around until it is coated in the sugar.


Place on baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.

Makes about 48 cookies. Turn on your christmas music and enjoy eating a few...ok maybe a dozen!:)

1 comment:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

Mmmmm. Those look great! I'm adding them to my Cookie Monday bookmarks! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...