Friday, September 3, 2010

Garlic Artichoke Dip

Yesterday was the start of College football season and my hubby's team was playing! He has been so excited all week long to watch his Utes play a #15 ranked team, so I decided I'd make the day special in the only good way I know how...FOOD!!:) So I made him one of his favorite dinners, Li'l cheddar meatloaf with mashed potatoes, and corn, and Helen Jean Punch(this is also one of the kids favorite meals!). So we ate dinner and then during the game I brought him up this Garlic Artichoke dip that I've been wanting to try with some french bread. It was so darn good! It's a perfect football snack!

Garlic Artichoke Dip
Recipe from Our Best Bites

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great), softened
1 c. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip or fat free mayonnaise, although low-fat mayo also works great)
1 c. (packed) shredded Parmesan cheese (try to get a wedge and grate it yourself; the pre-shredded stuff in a bag doesn't melt well)
1 12-oz. jar MARINATED artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I used a 14.5 oz. jar)
6-7 cloves garlic, minced (I would use maybe 4-5 medium to large cloves instead...it was a little too much garlic for me and I really like garlic!)

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the mayonnaise and shredded Parmesan cheese. Gently add in the chopped artichoke hearts and minced garlic. Place the mixture into a 9" pie plate (or divided evenly among smaller dishes) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it's lightly browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot with slices of bread and/or tortilla chips.


For those who care...the Utes pulled it off...27 to 24 in Overtime. Pretty good game!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...