Friday, March 18, 2011

Country Pasta Salad

I've been posting so many sweet recipes lately I figured it was time for something a little healthier!! This time of year I just love eating salads! I especially love pasta salads! This recipe is one that we used to eat growing up that I've always enjoyed. It's perfect for those spring days!

Country Pasta Salad
1 box (16oz) pasta (any kind, I used the tri color rotini)
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon dill weed
1 can (about 12 oz.) chicken or tuna (you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked at chopped instead if wanted)
1 cup matchstick carrot
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or regular ones chopped)
1/2-1 cup cucumber slices
1/2 c. frozen peas, thawed
(You can really use any vegetables that you like. I just put the carrots and tomatoes in mine this time, but I like it with the cucumbers and peas as well! I don't put in the celery because my family doesn't like it.)

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, mix Miracle Whip and dill together in a large mixing bowl. When pasta is done drain and add to Miracle Whip and dill. Mix together well. Add rest of the
ingredients. Mix well and chill.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...