Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pecan Brownie Pie

This recipe first caught my eye because it was named "Kentucky Pie"!  Half of my heart is in Kentucky, so I thought I'd give it a try.  (My Mom's side of the family is from Kentucky and I'd spend weeks at a time during the summer there growing up!)    Then...I looked at the ingredients and saw that it had both chocolate and pecans in it and I knew right then it would be a winner!

Well, turns out it's pretty much a brownie in a pie crust...how cool is that!  You just serve this warm with some vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot fudge and topped with pecans and you've got a dessert that will leave you happy!:)

Pecan Brownie Pie


1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sifted self-rising flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup choppe pecans
1 deep dish 9 inch unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl.  Add the sugar and combine.


 Pour melted chocolate into egg/sugar mixture and stir to combine.


  Add the flour and mix well, then add the vanilla and butter and mix until combined.


 Mix in pecans.


Pour into an unbaked pie shell.


Bake 50-60 minutes.

Serve warm with ice cream, hot fudge and additional pecans.

Thanks for checkin' out Pie #4 of our Pie week!  Just in case you missed them, here's Pie #1, Pie #2, and Pie #3!  Or check out our Pies section for more pie ideas!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...