Friday, October 5, 2012

S'mores Snack Mix

My stomach is seriously making some weird noises right now.  Maybe it has something to with the fact that this snack mix is the only thing I ate for lunch today.....hmmmm.

It combines my favorite cereal with chocolate & marshmallows, and it's crunchy & chewy & delicious!  It was just calling my name & I was too lazy to make myself something healthy & with substance.

And honestly, I'd rather have this stuff than the real S'mores.  I love the whole campfire thing, but have never been the biggest fan of S'mores...I usually just toast the marshmallow and eat it.

S'mores Snack Mix

9 cups Golden Grahams cereal (store brands work too)
3 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 bag (11.5 oz.) milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups mini marshmallows

Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl.

In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup until smooth.  Remove from heat and add the vanilla.  Immediately pour over the cereal.  Stir until well coated.  Add the marshmallows and stir to combine.

Lay wax paper on the bottom of a cookie sheet.  Pour the s'mores mix on top of the wax paper and spread out.  Let cool, then serve!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...