Monday, October 1, 2012

Chocolate Melt Cookies

What do you do when you miss an appointment (I mean just totally spaced it!) with one of your child's teachers?

Bake an "I'm so sorry" goodie!

My hubby Tony brought home a couple of bags of these new Hershey's baking melts.  He was supposed to get just regular old chocolate chips, but all he saw was the "Milk chocolate" and so he grabbed and went.  He's not a big semi-sweet lover!  So I figured I'd use these to help smooth over my goof!

I whipped up these cookies to take to our rescheduled meeting and put them in a cute bag with a cute tag.  For me, baked goods can fix anything, so that's what I was hoping!:)

(stay tuned at the end of the post if you'd like to see what I got to watch while making these cookies...it's so creepy & cool all at the same time!)

Chocolate Melt Cookies
PRINT RECIPE

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (9.5 oz.) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Baking Melts

Heat oven to 325 degrees.

Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until well blended.  Add the egg and beat well.  Add the corn starch, flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate melts. 

Scoop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake for 11-13 minutes.  Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  


Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

For those of you who like the "creepy but cool", here's what I got to watch out my dining room window as I was preparing these cookies.


These spiders (we called them cat face spiders growing up...not sure if that's right or not) spin the most beautiful webs, but boy are they UG-LY!!  There are 3 webs in a row between these 2 lilac bushes.  If you look at the top picture you can see one spider on the 1st web and one on the last web.

Super gross...but interesting to watch, especially when I've got 10 feet and a glass window between us!!:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...