Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mom's Fresh Peach Pie

This is absolutely the one thing I most look forward to about peach season.

My Mom's fresh peach pie.....*sigh*

I really just want to lick to computer screen as I upload all these pictures.  Probably wouldn't taste the same though...:)

I've got this recipe on here already, but I thought it deserved an encore performance!  And this time I'm going to take you through ALL the steps from start to finish. 

Are you ready?  Let's go!

Mom's Fresh Peach Pie
 
9" baked pie shell, cooled
5-6 large peaches
1 cup sugar
3 heaping tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Take 3 large peaches and wash and peel them.  Slice peaches into the bottom of your pie crust.


Sorry for that ugly pie crust...I ended up buying one and I poked it to death with a fork and it still bubbled up & shrank like crazy...so I recommend the recipe linked above!:)

Next, mash 2-3 peaches, depending on size.  I usually mash 3 medium sized peaches.


Add the sugar, corn starch & water...you need heaping tablespoons of the corn starch like this:


Then mix it all together.  It will look like this when your done. (Not very appetizing YET!!)


Thicken in the microwave.  Mine usually takes 6 minutes all-together.  Make sure you stir it after every 2 minutes.  You will know when it is ready because it turns from a watery milky-looking mess to a beautiful translucent pie filling!


That's it baby!:)

Now add the butter and almond extract.  Do not skip the almond extract...it MAKES this pie what I love.  It's not too much that it's overpowering, it's just the perfect amount!


Pour the thicken pie filling over the cut up peaches.


Refrigerate until set & cooled.

My husband really likes it with a little bit of whipped cream on top.  I think it stands on it's own...there is no need for the whipped cream, but to each their own!  I do however think it is awesome with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...not on top, but just on the side. 

I know you will enjoy this one!


1 comment:

Artbyasm said...

I love peaches all year round! I am a new follower please stop by anytime and follow back!

Annamaria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...