Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Grandma's White Brownies (Blondies)

Only 3 more weeks of summer vacation!  I'M NOT READY!!!  This summer has gone by extremely fast.  I could really use another 2 months! I am sending my baby to Kindergarten!  Tears!  What am I going to do without him home with me?  (That's rhetorical...I will have PLENTY to do, I'm just not ready to except the fact that he's (along with all my other kiddos) growing up! 

There is one thing that I really like about back to school.  The school clothes shopping.  It was so much fun having Rhett (my kindergartener) try on his school clothes & pick out what he liked.  He is so excited about school!  I think we've got everyone squared away except socks & underwear (which isn't so exciting to shop for:)), so my goal these last 3 weeks is to cram in as much fun as we can!

So, on to the recipe. 

I grew up on these brownies.  My mom used to make them a few times a year growing up and they were always one of my favorites.

They are my Grandma Potter's recipe (hence the name) & my Mom told me that she used to make them whenever they'd have company and always got so many compliments on them.

Grandma's White Brownies (Blondies)
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
1 box yellow or white cake mix
4 eggs, divided
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Mix melted butter, cake mix, and 1 egg together.  Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan making a crust.
Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar & 3 eggs until smooth.  Pour over cake crust in cake pan.
  Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Watch it closely near the end so it doesn't burn.
Let cool before cutting. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...