Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've never been a big fan of raisins.  They have never been wanted in any of my baked goods (EXCEPT this one...I really like them in this!)...not in my cinnamon rolls, cookies, breads, etc. 

Craisins on the other hand, I love!  And what was the obvious choice to bake them in?  Cookies!  These were delicious.  I love the combination of the tart craisins with the sweet cookie and white chocolate.  And they look so festive for Christmas time.  I'm sure some neighbors would love to get a batch of these!

If you're a slacker like me, you haven't gotten around to giving any neighbor gifts yet.  And come to think of it, I have no idea when I would even fit it in this week.  So, I believe I'm going to be giving neighborhood New Year's treats instead this year...do you think this will be frowned upon??

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Dulce Dough
Pin It
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
1 cup white chocolate chips

In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.

Combine the flour and baking soda and then gradually add it to the butter mixture and mix well.  Now fold in the dried cranberries and baking chips. 

Using a medium sized cookie scoop, put dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375°F for 8 - 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.

Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 1 minute, then remove from pan to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...