Monday, December 12, 2011

Banana Custard Pie

Alright, it's been a few weeks since Thanksgiving...anyone else ready for some more pie?  I know I wouldn't turn any down! 

Pies are always good year round I think, but they just don't get as much respect the rest of the year as compared to Thanksgiving!  I think that needs to be changed.  How are we going to do that???  I have no idea...but we can start with this recipe...you'll crave this pie year round!  It's a family favorite.

Banana Custard Pie
Pin It
1 pie crust, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups scalded milk
3 egg yolks
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas

Mix together the flour, sugar and salt in a large glass microwave safe bowl.  Scald your milk by placing it in the microwave and heating it up.  You want it hot, but not quite boiling.  In my microwave it takes about 3 minutes.  Slowly pour and whisk the milk into the flour mixture and blend well.  Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, whisking every minute.   Add the butter and vanilla and stir until butter is melted and itis combined. 

Slice bananas and add to the custard and mix.  Pour into the baked and cooled pie shell.  Cover and put in fridge until cooled, about 3-4 hours.  Top with Cool Whip or freshly whipped topping. 

YUM!

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is one of my all-time favorite pies and I love your recipe for it. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Jana said...

We're so glad you found us! Thanks so much for the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...