Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Croissants

I have to confess...I didn't make much of what I had planned for conference weekend.  Wasn't feeling so well this weekend, had an upset stomach that would not let me cook hardly anything!  Just thinking about some of those foods I had planned had my stomach turning upside down!  I was so disappointed!  I was able to make these croissants, but was only able to take a couple of bites before I handed it over to my hubby (Tony) to finish off!  My diet mainly consisted of apples and grapes last weekend!  Guess it's good for my diet!!:)  Anyway, I can't be the best judge on these because they made my stomach turn...not because they weren't good, but because of the way I was feeling.  But Tony praised them up and down.  He kept telling me how good it was and even ate leftovers the next day for lunch!  I love it when I find a recipe that he REALLY likes.  He likes most everything, but only occasionally it'll be something that he just really likes and raves about!  I'll have to do a post with all his favorites sometime!  Anyway, sorry for the long intro!  Here's the recipe!

Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Croissants
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayo
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
5 teaspoons Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 cup diced celery
2 cans (12.5 oz.) chicken, drained
1/2-1 cup Real Bacon pieces (depending on how much you like bacon!)
croissants
lettuce

Blend together the mayo, milk and ranch dressing mix in a medium sized bowl.  Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder.  Add the celery and onion.  Flake the chicken with a fork (or with your fingers as I do) and add to the bowl.  Mix well.  Chill for several hours for all the flavors to combine.  Serve on croissants with lettuce. 

Tony says it would be really good with a sliced tomato on there too, but we didn't have any tomatoes at the time!  We'll try it out next time, and hopefully I'll be feeling good enough to enjoy it with him!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...