Monday, March 8, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes

I know everyone probably already has a recipe like this, but I just LOVE these...and so does Tony & the kiddo's! It's SO easy too.

Roasted Red Potatoes

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and dice red potatoes into bite size pieces. Just cut as many as your family will eat. We usually do about 3-4 pounds of potatoes, that way Tony has some leftovers to take for lunch the next day.
3. Place in a big enough bowl to toss (preferably with a lid), and drizzle with some olive oil. You don't need too much, I use maybe 1/4 cup for all those potatoes.
4. Then add a packet of onion soup mix. I usually just always use 1 full packet. Sometimes this flavor is stronger than other times just depending on how many potatoes I decided to do, so if you like a stronger flavor you might want to either cut back on the potatoes or use more soup mix.
5. If you have a lid for your bowl put it on and shake the bowl until the potatoes are coated really well. If not, just use a large spoon to stir it all together. You could also use a large baggie with a ziplock to shake if you're not making a whole lot.
6. Pour potatoes onto a large cookie sheet and spread into a single layer. (I also usually spray some cooking oil on the sheet before I put the potatoes on...you probably don't need to do this as they are already coated in oil, but it seems to help them from sticking to the pan for me.)
7. Put in the oven and cook them for about 45-50 minutes or until they are tender when stabbed with a fork!:)

They are now ready to enjoy. My kiddo's like them with ketchup, but I think they're just as good plain.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...