Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tortellini Artichoke Salad

I have a thing for the word TORTELLINI. 

Whenever I say it I just have to say it in my best Italian accent (which is horrendous I do have to say).

But no matter how bad my Italian accent is, and how un-authentic (probably not a real word) this dish is to Italy, it is delicious.

And perfect for summer.

Tortellini Artichoke Salad
Recipe from Taste of Home

2 1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (2 bags is perfect)
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 jars (6-1/2 ounces, each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup creamy Italian salad dressing

Cook tortellini according to package directions.  Drain and rinse in cold water.  Place in a medium bowl.

Add the tomatoes, onions, artichokes and salad dressing.  Toss to coat.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 4-6 servings

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...