Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Giant Double Chocolate Cookies


I saw these bad boys on Pinterest last week and knew they had to made SOON!  By the way, if you have not yet been to Pinterest or don't know what in the heck it is...you need to go and check it out NOW!  I love that whenever I find something that I know is going to change my life (ie...these cookies!) I can just "pin" it and it's there for future use...brilliant!  It so blows my 127 pages of recipes in a word document out of the water!!  Not that I think I'll ever be able to keep up with it either, but it is just so much more manageable!  (Also, you can follow my pin's over on pinterest by clicking the "Follow me on Pinterest" button on the right side bar...can't wait to see you all there!) 

In the meantime you need to make these cookies!  Usually when I make cookies I keep going back for more and end up eating 3, or 4, ok maybe 10.  But one of these cookies did it for me.  It makes me feel good that I just ate 1...talk about self control!:)  Ok, it may be because each cookie is 4 oz. of dough, that it's so rich and chocolatey and gooey, and that the recipe made just enough for all of our party to only have 1, but I like to think it's because I had some self control.  And you'll definately want a glass of milk with this one! 


Giant Double Chocolate Cookies
Recipe from Annie's Eats

1 cup cold, unsalted butter, cubed
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder (regular or dark...I used regular, but can't wait to try the dark!)
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini's!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  You can line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (silpat), but I just cooked mine right on the cookie sheet. 

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar.  Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.  Blend in the eggs one at a time.  Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.  Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated.  Fold in the chcoolate chips.  Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead briefly by hand to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.  (Try to refrain from eating any dough or you'll only end up with 11 cookies instead of 12...we know this from personal experience, good thing we only needed 11!!)
 

 
Divide the dough into 4 ounce portions.  I used my kitchen scale.  If you don't have one, this would be the perfect excuse to go and get one...or...I figured each cookie was about 6 tablespoons of dough, so you can guesstimate that way too!:)  Roll each portion of dough into a ball and flatten just slightly into a disc.  Place on the cookie sheets a few inches apart.  Bake for 16-20 minutes.  Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes and then you can transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely or you can serve them and eat them warm, which is what we did!  De.lic.ious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...