Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Easy Peasy Beef Stew

Be prepared for a really easy and scrumptious dinner!! Just make some homemade rolls (or cheat like I did and do some Rhodes Rolls...or even just buy your favorite kind) and you've got an instant hit! Perfect for these wonderfully cold winter days!

Beef Stew

1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
5 potatoes, cubed
3 cups cubed carrots (I just halve my baby carrots)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
1/2 cups frozen corn (optional)

In a dutch oven (or skillet) sear meat in a little oil. (I like to boil my meat in water for a few hours before I do this to help tenderize the meat...there's nothing worse than gnawing on a piece of meat for 10 minutes, and this works like a charm!) Add potatoes, carrots, soups, water and pepper. Mix well. Cover. Bake in 300 degree oven for 2 hours or until veggies are tender or bake 250 degrees for 5-6 hours. Or use your crock pot...this is what I usually do and it takes about 2 hours on high and 4-5 on low.

Add the frozen peas and corn the last 30 minutes of cooking if desired...I usually don't just because I forget, but I really like them in there. The kids and hubby could do without the peas but they all really like the corn in there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...