Monday, May 3, 2010

No-bake Cheesecake

This is a really light and fluffy no-bake cheesecake recipe. It make sa large sheet cake of cheesecake so it's good for a crowd and is really yummy. Just top with whatever fruit you like or eat it plain!

No-bake cheesecake

3 pkgs. graham crackers
2 cubes butter or margarine, melted

Mix crackers and butter and press onto the bottom of a large cookie sheet. I like a nice thick crust on mine and this recipe makes a pretty thin crust, so if you like it thicker like I do you could either add another 1 1/2 packages of graham cracker and 1 cube melted butter or just double it to 6 packages crackers and 4 cubes of butter! Wow...that's A LOT of butter!:)

3 packages (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar

Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.

Add and mix just until combined 2 large (12oz.) cartons of cool whip (I couldn't find 12oz. cartons at walmart...just 8 and 16oz. sizes, so for those who are a little slow when it comes to math:) that is either 3-8oz. size or 1-16oz. size plus 1-8oz. size cool whip...the 2nd option seems to be a little cheaper if you're counting pennies unless you find the 8oz. size on sale:)).

Spread the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for an hour before serving. Top with fruit of your choice.

2 comments:

-Susan- said...

Good grief Jana, I gained 5 lbs just reading this recipe. I'm going to try it for the next church pot luck. Where do you get your sheet cake pans?

Jana said...

I actually got 2 for wedding present...I LOVE them and haven't been able to find any others like them since! I can't remember who gave them to us or I'd call them and ask where they purchased them!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...